“orange2fly” is a Greek Airline Company based in Athens, Greece, that carries out worldwide operations in Wet Lease (Aircraft, Crew, Maintenance, Insurance) and Charter business and is responsible for providing services in accordance with customer-specific needs.
“orange2fly” was established in September 2015 and operates under a Hellenic Civil Aviation Authority Air Operator Certificate, in accordance with the European Aviation Safety Agency Regulation (EASA).
The company is seeking to hire an experienced full time Flight Operations Officer, who will ensure that all flights are planned, organized, supported and followed accurately and efficiently. This is a key position which provides effective communication between flight crew, operations and management.
- The F.O.O. will report directly to the OPS supervisor and the F.O.M.
- Adhere to the company’s policies and procedures
- Undertake flight alerting procedures and respond to requests by the pilot-in-command for information related to the flight. Such information shall include meteorological information and NOTAMS and communicate with Eurocontrol, if necessary
- Monitoring the progress of each flight from its commencement to its termination, including any intermediate stops
- Dealing with serious issues that affect the airline, such as air traffic control problems and adverse weather conditions. This can involve rearranging slots when delays occur
- Communicate with the pilot-in-command concerning airplane landings and departures from point of origin, en-route stops and final destination
- Ensure the pertinent software systems are kept updated in a timely manner including building flights, pairings and monitoring alerts and currency
- Forward planning to try to reduce disruption to the flight programme and its possible impact
- Utilizing flight planning software (PPS)
- In line with the CAMO department when the aircraft shall undergo maintenance and proceed to the appropriate actions
- Making sure that each flight has the right number of suitable, qualified crew members. Flight operations staff devise rosters allocating pilots and cabin crew to flights. They arrange cover for any absences
- Liaise with Network Operations Portal (N.O.P.) and CMFU as far as updating and flight cancellation plans and delays are concerned
- Activate Emergency Response Plan if required
- Complete comprehensive daily Shift Report
- Track response times and delays as well as on time performance
- Accomplish other assigned duties, as requested
- Minimum Age 21 years
- Flight Dispatcher Licence or Aviation College Graduate
- At least 1-year Airline Flight Dispatch or O.C.C experience
- Excellent knowledge of English
- The post holder must be proficient user of Microsoft Office (MS Word and MS Excel are essential)
- Available to work shift hours in a 24/7 operation
- The above mentioned key accountabilities are not intended to be a binding listing and the post-holder may be expected to accept additional / amended responsibilities in line with the company’s needs. Such additions / amendments will be in line with the capabilities of the post-holder
- Proven knowledge of planning software programs (PPS or equivalent)
- Organisational and planning skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and take quick decisions
- Interpersonal and communication skills (both written and oral)
What we offer:
- The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work in an international, dynamic and friendly environment.
- A competitive salary based on experience and skills
- Additional private health insurance
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with “orange2fly” personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com